A breath-taking and mesmerizing views of the snow-capped Himalayan peaks. Bright Sunshine every morning with breakfast tea. A peaceful environment far from hustle bustle of city life. Soul soothing serene beauty for healthy mind, body & soul.
Scrumptious Pahari food prepared by our caretakers, served with love. A walk on the serene mountain in the nearby forest. Explore local life, the locals, their challenges, festivals and culture.
About the Place
Our home is a three-bedroom Independent Mountain Chalet located on a landscaped green hill in a village called Majkhali near Ranikhet. Our cottage is blessed with the beauty of capturing bright sunshine every morning and that’s what has made us name it Onella meaning “light” in Greek. A perfect home away from home.
The home is a 1800 Sq.ft. duplex villa with a private lawn, a stone paved patio, parking for 2 cars, and a fully functional kitchen.
Ideal for a rejuvenating vacation without the stress of daily life. Just enjoy the environment and make beautiful memories with your family and loved ones.
- The home is a duplex villa divided into two floors.
- Two bedrooms are on the upper level and 1 bedroom is on the lower level.
- The home has two bathrooms and one toilet.
- The bathrooms are not en-suite but adjacent due to the cottage's design.
- A living area and an adequately equipped kitchen are located on the lower level.
- Adequately equipped kitchen with a dining nook.
- Our outdoor Patio is fitted with a dining table to have meal looking at the mountains.
- A beautiful garden is located next to the patio.
Explore the Property
Where you’ll be
- The Cafe, Ranikhet – 2 Km (5 Mins)
- Zip Line – 3 Kms (7 Mins)
- Ranikhet Golf course – 6 Kms (14 Mins)
- Ranikhet Mall Road – 13 Kms (25 Mins)
- Rani Jheel lake – 14 Km (30 mins)
- Shri Baba Haidakhan Ashram – 15 Kms (35 Mins)
- Chaubattia Gardens – 20 Kms (45 mins)
- Katarmal Surya Temple – 22 Kms (45 mins)
- Almora Zoo – 36 Kms (1 hrs)
- Kasar Devi Temple – 40 Kms (1.3 hrs)
- Kasar Devi Temple – 40 Kms (1.3 hrs)
- Kainchi Dham – 50 Kms (1.4 hrs)
- Binsar Wildlife sanctuary – 55 Kms (2.15 hrs)
- Jageshwar Dham temple – 67 Kms (2.3 hrs)
- Dol Ashram – 70 Kms (2.3 hrs)
- Nainital – 70 Kms (2.3 hrs)
- Bhimtal – 70 Kms (2.3 hrs)
- Sattal – 70 Kms (2.3 hrs)
- Bhageshwar Dham – 75 Kms (2.45 hrs)
- Mukteshwar – 85 Kms (3.15 hrs)
- Munsyari – 195 Kms (7.45 hrs)
Things to know
- Check-in: 03:00 PM
- Cook charges: Rs. 1000/ day
- Pets allowed: Rs. 2000/ trip
- Check-out: 11:00 AM
- No Parties or Events
- Bonfire charges: Rs. 1500/ use
- No Smoking
- Security Deposit applicable
- Barbeque charges: Rs. 1000/ use
There are several ways to make a payment for your reservation with Hostie. We currently accept the following methods: Credit Card, Debit Card, Net Banking, and Payment Wallets.
50% of the payment is to be made at the time of booking, the remaining 50% is to be done at the time of check-in along with the security deposit.
We do not accept cash payments. You can make the payment online or via bank transfer. Taxes are applicable as per the government guidelines for all transactions.
Sorry, this option is not available. We take full payments before you check in.
Yes, a security/damage deposit is required to cover costs in the unlikely event of damage or breakage. It is refunded to you after your stay.
No, the security deposit is separate from the rental and can’t be adjusted.
Security deposit is payable in cash/bank transfer/ UPI at the time of check in and is refunded to the same mode of payment at the check-out(could take 1-2 working days in case of bank transfer)
An early check-in/check-out is subject to availability, contact our team member for the same.
No, we provide the entire property only. Please read the property page for more information.
Most of our bookings are instantly confirmed. If it is not confirmed instantly, you can expect a confirmation call within a few hours. If you have any questions, our team is available to assist you.
We love your four-legged friends however some properties may not be equipped to receive love from your pets, yet. Please look for the pet-friendly tag on the property page. You can bring your pets to the property with an additional charge of Rs. 2,000/-.
No, meals are not a part of the rental.
We provide a chefing/cook facility only in some of our homes. The service is available at an additional cost in some of our homes. Contact our team for more details.
Please contact our team and we’ll do our best to accommodate your request. Depending on the item, additional charges may apply.
Each property comes with its own set of house rules. We request you to kindly go through it thoroughly before you book your stay.
You will be received by our property staff and caretakers at the time of your check-in.
Yes, the housekeeping staff is available for regular maintenance and turndown services.
Yes, we offer complimentary Wi-Fi in all our homes.
Mattresses for extra guests can be arranged at an additional cost of INR 1,500/night/adult.
A fully equipped kitchen includes all the basic appliances like, a refrigerator, microwave, stove, mixer/grinder, toaster, electric kettle, water purifier, cookware, serve ware along with a small tea station. It does not include, spices, oil, or groceries.
Yes, we have washing machines at few of our properties. Please check the amenities section.
Yes, we have power backup at most of our properties.
Events are allowed only at our farmhouses. We do not allow events/gatherings at our homes other than farmhouses. You can get in touch with us via phone or email to go over the details of your requirements.
Loud music is not allowed at our properties. However, soft music at respectable volume is allowed only at our Farmhouses.
You get complimentary fresh linens at the time of your check-in, during your stay linens are changed every 4 days.
Yes, we do accept local IDs.
Yes, unmarried couples are welcome at our homes. IDs are to be provided as per the requirement.
Smoking is prohibited inside all our homes but guests can smoke outside in the open/designated areas.
Drop your query at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 9821401081.
The refund policy relating to cancellations is as follows:
- Cancellation more than 14 days prior to the check-in date – full refund to the customer.
- Cancellation 14 days prior to the check-in date – No refund to the customer.
- Alternatively, our team can offer you a change in travel dates if you wish to postpone your trip (subject to availability).